Help Wanted / Job Postings
Weaver Consultants Group
Weaver Consultants Group has a number of open positions they are looking to fill. Job profiles for positions are listed on the WCG Careers page at http://www.wcgrp.com/careers
|Administrative Specialist||ENV||Chicago, IL|
|Construction Laborer||LES||Murfreesboro, TN|
|Construction Laborer||LES||Columbia, MO|
|Construction Laborer||LES||Springfield, IL|
|Controls Electrician||LES||Murfreesboro, TN|
|Field Engineer||NCSW||Frankfort, KY|
|Field Engineering Technician||NCSW||Frankfort, KY|
|Field Engineering Technician||NCSW||Naperville, IL|
|Field Technician||NCSW||Sheboygan, WI|
|Health and Safety Director||PAC||Chicago, IL|
|Heavy Equipment Operator||LES||Murfreesboro, TN|
|Help Desk Assistant||PAC IT||Chicago, IL|
|Industrial Hygienist||ENV||Naperville, IL|
|Lab Technician||LAB||Granger, IN|
|Manager of Operations—Pacific NW||FTW-DEN||Portland/Seattle|
|Project Expeditor||LES||Springfield, IL|
|Senior Project Manager—Air Quality||FTW-DEN||Denver, CO|
|Senior Project Manager—Civil Engineering||SBI||Chicago, IL|
|Senior Project Manager- Industrial Hygiene||ENV||Fort Worth, TX|
|Staff Air Permitting Engineer||FTW-DEN||Fort Worth, TX|
|Staff Engineer||NCSW||Grand Rapids, MI|
|Staff Engineer||NCSW||Naperville, IL|
|Staff Engineer||NCSW||Granger, IN|
|Staff Engineer||FTW-DEN||Fort Worth, TX|
|Stormwater Specialist||ENV||Naperville, IL|
|Web Developer||PAC IT|
Communications & Development Manager
Greenleaf Communities is hiring a full-time Communications & Development Manager to support the current and future projects in its key focus areas of healthy soils, sustainable water, and resilient, healthy cities. The Manager will be responsible for developing and executing the organization’s communication strategy across multiple platforms including formation of key messages, leveraging and enhancing partnerships, and driving development materials. This position will be responsible for maintaining relationships with clients, partners, funders, board members, and public audiences to advance the organization’s mission.
Greenleaf Communities, NFP is an established nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to advance a healthy and sustainable world. Our programs focus on addressing the environmental sources of human health concerns. Therefore, the research we support investigates the most basic and important natural resources we have: the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the soils which provide the food we eat. Greenleaf achieves outcomes by convening and fostering interdisciplinary leaders, elevating collaborative research, and advancing partnerships to resolve these issues.
Senior Air Quality Engineer – Chicago
Contact: Jeff Lange – JRLange@trcsolutions.com
TRC Companies, Inc. a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is a national engineering, consulting and construction management firm providing integrated services to the environmental, power, oil & gas, and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a Senior Air Quality Engineer/Project Manager to join our team in the upper Midwest offices. The position requires strong air quality technical capabilities, a strong work ethic, commitment to excellence, and a solid reputation of building and maintaining key client relationships. The individual will join the 35 other TRC air quality professionals and 276 other TRC staff located in the upper Midwest. The preferred locations for this position are in Chicago, Illinois or Milwaukee, Wisconsin, however, location can be in any of the four TRC offices located in Illinois and Wisconsin or potentially at an alternate geography.
- Manage and lead air quality compliance, permitting, and related projects for power and industrial clients located primarily in the upper Midwest
- Serve as a technical resource on air quality compliance assurance and permitting programs, including regulatory analyses of facility operations; major and minor source air permit applications under NSR, PSD, Title V, and state-level regulations; and NESHAP MACT compliance programs.
- Meet client needs via meetings, proposal development, maintaining client relationships, and passionate client service.
- Lead project teams to provide exceptional project deliverables related to air quality permitting and compliance in an efficient and timely manner.
- Work with other TRC project managers and leaders on strategic pursuits within the company, region, and air quality arena.
- BS or MS in chemical, environmental, mechanical, civil engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 to 15 years of air quality compliance and permitting experience, including managing and implementing Clean Air Act programs such as Title V, New Source Review, and MACT.
- Recent client relationships and experience within the power generation and/or industrial sectors.
- Effective management of multiple air quality projects and the proven capability to establish and maintain client relationships that result in repeat business.
- PE license or ability to obtain.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Experience preparing proposals and managing work.
- An effective collaborator and strategic thinker
Emissions Project Manager – Burr Ridge, IL
Contact: Jeff Lange – JRLange@trcsolutions.com
TRC is one of the world’s largest providers of air measurement services. Our offerings include source testing for routine regulatory compliance, engineering studies, control device evaluations, MACT demonstrations, relative accuracy test audits (RATAs), and trial burns; ambient air monitoring; temporary continuous emissions monitoring systems (CEMS); and advanced testing capabilities in Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) and gas chromatography. With more than 200 air quality scientists and engineers operating from a network of 17 offices, TRC’s Air Measurement Services (AMS) practice offers unparalleled breadth and depth of air quality testing capabilities.
TRC has an immediate opening for an experienced Project Manager with our Air Measurement Services (AMS) Practice in our Burr Ridge office. The successful candidate will work with a talented staff already in place to continue serving clients and generating new growth in the surrounding area. This position offers a significant amount of field work and travel up to 60% of the time. It may require some weekend work and extended travel. A current and valid passport is a plus.
- Successfully complete all required annual safety training.
- Manage project financial performance, including invoicing
- Manage client relationships and project execution
- Lead teams in the field
- Prepare proposals, test protocols and reports
- Ability to pass an initial drug screen (including marijuana), and on-going random drug checks.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- B.S. in related science or engineering field or equivalent work history, with a minimum of five years stack testing experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills, proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Federal Regulations (CFR parts 60, 63, and 75) and EPA quality assurance and guidance documents
- QI certification in Groups I, II and III
- Experience with 40CFR60 and 75 RATAs
- Willingness/ability to travel
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Assistant Scientist, Coastal Outreach & Engagement – Chicago, IL
The Illinois Sustainable Technology Center (ISTC), part of the Prairie Research Institute (PRI) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, is seeking an Assistant Scientist, Coastal Outreach & Engagement to provide technical expertise and leadership to the Illinois Department of Natural Resources Coastal Management Program (CMP) on key areas of work including community capacity building, habitat conservation, education, and recreation/tourism. This position is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Required Qualifications: Master’s degree in marine or coastal science; ecology; environmental sciences – biology management, policy; biological sciences, or related discipline. Alternate degree fields will be considered/accepted depending on the nature and depth of the experience as it relates to this position.
The Illinois Sustainable Technology Center (ISTC), part of the Prairie Research Institute (PRI) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, is seeking an Senior Scientific Specialist (Technical Assistance Specialist) to work directly with manufacturing and industrial entities as well as municipal government agencies, colleges and universities throughout Illinois to provide technical assistance in identifying opportunities and implementing solutions to improve efficiency associated with materials, processes, water and wastewater, and energy utilization. This position may be located in Oak Brook, Illinois or Champaign, Illinois.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, economics, environmental or related discipline. Alternate degree fields will be accepted/considered based upon the nature and depth of the experience as it relates to this position. A minimum of 2 years of applicable experience working in business or industrial environment. Educational internships may be considered as professional experience. Must possess a valid driver’s license and access to transportation. For more details: https://jobs.illinois.edu/academic-job-board
Submit ads to Robin Pelsis, A&WMA-LMSS. Ads will be posted for 30 days unless we are notified the position has been filled. There is no cost to post ads. Submitted ads should be in PDF or Word format and include direct contact information for the position.