Links of Interest
- International Air & Waste Management Association (http://www.awma.org)
- East Central Section of the Air & Waste Management Association (http://www.ecs-awma.org)
- West Michigan Chapter of the Air & Waste Management Association (http://www.wmawma.org)
- Code of Federal Regulations (https://www.govinfo.gov/help/cfr)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/regulations/hazardous-materials)
- Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity (DCEO) (https://www.illinois.gov/DCEO/Pages/default.aspx)
- Illinois Department of Natural Resources (https://www.dnr.illinois.gov/)
- Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (http://www.epa.illinois.gov/)
- Illinois Department of Transportation (http://www.idot.illinois.gov/)
- Illinois Emergency Management Agency (http://public.iema.state.il.us/iema/training/OnlineReg/)
- Illinois State Fire Marshall (https://www2.illinois.gov/agencies/SFM)
- Indiana Department of Environmental Management (https://www.in.gov/idem/)
- Indiana Department of Homeland Security (https://www.in.gov/dhs/)
- Indiana Department of Natural Resources (https://www.in.gov/dnr/)
- Indiana Department of Transportation (https://www.in.gov/indot/)
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (https://www.michigan.gov/deq)
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources (https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/)
- Michigan Department of Transportation (https://www.michigan.gov/mdot/)
- Michigan State Police, Emergency Management and Homeland Security Division (https://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,4643,7-123-72297_60152---,00.html)
- National Oceanic & Atmospheric Agency (http://www.noaa.gov/)
- US Army Corp of Engineers (https://www.usace.army.mil/)
- US Coast Guard National Response Center (http://www.nrc.uscg.mil/)
- US Fish & Wildlife Agency (https://www.fws.gov/)
- US Geological Survey (https://www.usgs.gov/)
- US Department of the Interior (https://www.doi.gov/)
- U.S. Department of Pipeline & Hazardous Materials Safety (https://www.phmsa.dot.gov/about-phmsa/offices/office-hazardous-materials-safety)
- US Department of Transportation Office of Hazardous Materials Safety (https://www.phmsa.dot.gov/about-phmsa/offices/office-hazardous-materials-safety)
- US Environmental Protection Agency - Region V (https://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/epa-region-5)
- US Occupational Safety & Health Administration (https://www.osha.gov/)
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (https://dnr.wi.gov/)
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation (https://wisconsindot.gov/)
- Wisconsin Emergency Management Agency (https://dma.wi.gov/DMA/wem/)
- CHEMTREC (Chemical Transportation Emergency Center) (https://www.chemtrec.com/)
A public service hotline for fire fighters, law enforcement, and other emergency responders to obtain information and assistance for emergency incidents involving chemicals and hazardous materials. CHEMTREC provides the required 24-hour emergency service to shippers of hazardous materials.
- Great Lakes Regional Pollution Prevention Roundtable (http://www.glrppr.org/)
GLRPPR provides pollution prevention and compliance information specific to the Great Lakes region. Features a topic and industry specific database---Topic Hubs---of process descriptions, documents, and contacts for assistance or more information.
- Small Business Environmental Home Page (https://nationalsbeap.org/)
Funded by the U.S. EPA Office of the Small Business Ombudsman, this web site features links to industry sector assistance, state and national news, state and national events, state contacts, and links to state and national publications.
- US EPA Compliance Assistance Centers (https://www.epa.gov/compliance/compliance-assistance-centers)
The Office of Compliance, in partnership with industry, academic institutions, environmental groups, and other federal and state agencies, has established “virtual” (telecommunications-based) national Compliance Assistance Centers for specific industry sectors heavily populated with small businesses and entities that face substantial federal regulation.
- University of Illinois – Prairie Research Institute (https://prairie.illinois.edu/about.shtml)
- University of Wisconsin – Solid & Hazardous Waste Education Center (http://shwec.engr.wisc.edu/)
Provides waste reduction and management services to businesses, institutions, and communities throughout Wisconsin and the nation.
- US EPA Guidance on Subsurface Vapor Intrusion (https://www.epa.gov/risk/users-guide-evaluating-subsurface-vapor-intrusion-buildings)
Draft guidance for evaluating vapor intrusion to indoor air pathway from groundwater and soils (Subsurface Vapor Intrusion Guidance). Provides current technical and policy recommendations on determining if the vapor intrusion pathway poses an unacceptable risk to human health at cleanup sites. Intended to aid in evaluating the potential for human exposure from this pathway given the state-of-the-science at this time.
- Wisconsin Guidance on Subsurface Vapor Intrusion (https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/brownfields/vapor.html)
Good general information on vapor intrusion from Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services.